Wednesday 1 October 2008

GTA IV, FIFA 09 and Christmas lists...

Yesterday Player Mum and I celebrated eight years of marriage. We exchanged gifts and when I unwrapped mine I found, amongst other things, Grand Theft Auto IV for my 360! I didn't get a chance to play it last night as I was spending some quality time with Player Mum, but will be breaking the seal on it soon!

Thinking about breaking that seal reminds me that I still have several sealed games on my shelf. With Christmas looming (okay, not exactly looming, but certainly on the horizon!) people will be expecting me to compile a wish list and I'm wondering whether to include any games on this list. I have a wish list at Amazon that I usually circulate and I keep adding and removing games from that list. In recent weeks I've added (and removed) Fable 2, Gears of War 2, Burnout Paradise and Quantum of Solace.

So why do I keep adding and removing them? Obviously I get caught up in hype and desire for shiny new things which is what prompts me to stick the games on my list, but then when I look at my shelf full of games I haven't completed and in some cases haven't even started, I cross those same games off again. I don't need any more games at the moment, I really don't!

In other news I've checked the pre-order status of my 360 copy of FIFA 09 and am quite excited to report that it's been posted today so should be with me tomorrow!! There are reports all over the net of people that apparently have a copy already, but I have to say that I am extremely suspicious of these people and their claims, mainly due to the complete lack of new information any of these people are supplying regarding the game! I get the feeling these people are suffering from the same thing that made my neighbour when we were kids claim to have seen Rocky 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8... and this was when Rocky 3 had only just been released! Oh well...

No comments: