Saturday 18 October 2008

What's on the radar? (360 Edition!)

Browsing the latest issue of XBox360 Magazine I came across the list of upcoming releases. Skimming through it I made a few notes on what they have listed...

Firstly, those games I definitely want:
  • Fable II
  • Gears of War 2
  • Halo 3 Recon
  • Halo Wars
  • Halo - Untitled Peter Jackson Project

I'm fairly sure these will all be purchased. I'm hoping to unwrap either Fable II or Gears 2 on Christmas Day, whichever one I don't get is likely to follow soon after. Halo 3 Recon and Halo Wars could both be day one purchases. I'm not sure what is going on with the Peter Jackson Halo project, but if it still comes out I will be snapping it up too.

Next up, the games I am very interested in:
  • Spider-Man Web of Shadows
  • Quantum of Solace
  • Street Fighter IV
  • Bionic Commando
  • Batman Arkham Asylum
  • Alpha Protocol
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Splinter Cell Conviction
  • Tom Clancy's HAWX
Spider-Man and QoS are both multi-format titles that I am considering. I'm fairly sure I'll pick them up (providing the reviews are good) but I just need to decide on which format - 360 or Wii? The Wii versions will almost always save me a few quid, so it comes down to whether I will be bothered by the inferior graphics and altered control systems. I expect that I will go for QoS on Wii and Spidey on 360, but let's see how things pan out...

I've been wanting a good beat em up for my 360 for a while, I'm hoping Street Fighter IV will be it, so there is a good chance of a day one purchase, but I will want to play a demo first. Bionic Commando looks like good fun, but again I want to try a demo first! I'm very excited about Batman Arkham Asylum and as we get closer to release I wouldn't be surprised if this moves from "interested" to "must buy".

I've not completed any of the Resi titles yet but have a strange desire to own them all, so will no doubt be picking up Resi 5 at some point, but more than likely in a sale or pre-owned. Same goes for Splinter Cell Conviction. HAWX looks good, but I expect it to be another I try and pick up cheap or pre-owned.

No comments: